Hello dearest readers!
Hope you had a great week!
I have another Cookie and Cream (Oreos) recipe for you. As I said a few times already, I’m not a big fan of cheesecake. You’ll see them eventually on my blog because my man likes them, but me, I’ll politely decline a cheesecake offer! But brownies with cheesecakes aren’t in the same category! Oh no, first it’s brownies people, who doesn’t love them (ok I’m sure there’s some people out there who doesn’t like brownies, I love you guys anyway)? Second, there is not as much cheese as there is brownie so it tends to taste less like cheese. Finally, well it’s just yummy like the Marbled Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies I made a while back and these super extra yummy Cookie and Cream Cheesecake Brownies.
I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces good quality bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- About 12 Oreo cookies, chopped (feel free to add more!)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter and line a 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking tin with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on the two longer sides.
- Mix the flour and the salt in a small bowl.
- Melt the bittersweet and unsweetened chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water at low heat, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Remove from heat and allow the chocolate mixture to cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and 2 teaspoon of vanilla until combined.
- Add sugar to the cooled chocolate mixture and stir until combined well.
- Add the eggs, one at-a-time, stirring until smooth after each addition. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared baking tin and smooth the batter to the edges with an offset spatula. Add the layer of cheese mixture. Add the remaining brownie batter. Top with chopped Oreos.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted in the centre comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely in the tin.
- Run a thin knife around the edges of the pan. Using the paper overhang, carefully lift the brownies out of the pan. Cut in squares.