Hope you are all doing great! This week has been super crazy for Sugar for the Brain!!! As you may know if you follow me on Facebook and twitter, the Decorated Cake Roll was a huge hit and I went from 240 Likes to 1000 the same day (in a couple of hours in fact, while I was at the cinema listening to Batman! Great night!)!!! And yesterday, one week later, I got to 2000 Likes!!!! Never thought this would happen!!! Loved the cake of course, but you never know what will be popular. All I have to say is THANK YOU xxxx
But then I began to worry (yes I’m like that!) : “When you’re at the top, you can just go down!” I’m ok now 😉 Of course I will not be making the greatest hit every week, but I’ll be trying new things, having fun, learning and I hope you’ll like it too 😀
Here is a quick and delicious recipe! It can be even quicker if you use a cake box 😉 And thinking about it, it’s not a real recipe because I don’t really have the exact amount of ingredients, but I will try to be as exact as possible.
Single-serving Black Forest Cake
- Glasses or verrines
- Fresh cherries cut in two + whole for garnish
- One recipe of your favorite chocolate cake or a box cake.
- Whipped cream (with vanilla sugar if you want to)
- Grated chocolate for garnish
Per glass (of course it depends on the size of your glass!) mine were a little more than 1 cup
- 2 tiny cakes (cut with a cookie cutter)
- About 6 to 8 half cherries or to taste!
- 1 whole cherry
- About 1/3 cup whipped cream
- Grated chocolate to taste
Prepare your favorite chocolate cake. Once again I used Sing for your Supper’s perfect chocolate cupcakes recipe. Bake it so that it will be quite flat (you can use a cookie sheet for example), about 1 inch. Reduce the baking time if you use this technique. When it’s ready and cool, use a round cookie cutter (the size that can enter your glass) and cut 2 round cakes per glass.
Cut the cherries in two, remove the pit.
Prepare your whipped cream. Add some sugar to taste (optional).
- Put a cake at the base of the glass.
- Add the cherries.
- Add some whipped cream.
- Add another cake on top.
- Using a piping bag with the tip of your choice, pipe a whipped cream swirl on top.
- Garnish with grated chocolate and a fresh cherry.
(How’s that for a quick assembly explanation;) )