Hope you had a great week! Mine was a bit crazy, and they will probably be until Christmas (back to school!)! I’ll try to enjoy as much as possible the next few days off!
Here is a quite sinful recipe! It’s delicious and if you are comfortable with pate a choux then it’s very easy!
You will need
- 1 recipe for pâte à choux (same as for the éclairs)
- Caramelized apples
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Caramel Syrup
Choux Pastry with Caramelized Apple
Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat. Prepare the pate à choux as indicated. Place the dough in a piping bag and pipe onto the baking sheets into puffs of about 3 cm, keeping the puffs 3 cm apart.
Recipe from Recipe Tips
- 4 apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Peel the apples and cut into 1/2″ thick slices.
- Place the slices in a bowl of cold lemon water to prevent browning. Soak for 5 or 10 minutes and then drain the apples and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter until it’s bubbling.
- Add the apple slices to the skillet and continue to cook over medium high heat for approximately 5 minutes or until tender crisp and beginning to brown. Turn several times to brown evenly.
- Add the brown sugar and continue to cook until sugar has melted and started to caramelize.
Cut the top off the choux with a knife.
Fill with some caramelized apple and vanilla ice cream. Drizzle with caramel syrup and YUM