How have you been? I can’t believe it has been 2 weeks already since I last posted! But I’m back with a delicious chocolate cake (anyone surprised?). It’s a pretty darn good cake! There is a lot of steps though, meaning there is a lot of dish-washing to do afterwards. But it’s so worth it! It’s my first bundt cake ever (I guess since I didn’t have a bundt cake pan!). And with a mocha glaze it’s just divine!
Chocolate Bundt Cake with Mocha Glaze
Chocolate Bundt Cake
Recipe from À la di Stasio (in french, en français)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a Bundt pan and set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt 6 ounces of chocolate with butter. Add boiling water. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, the sugar and the vanilla together. Reserve
- In another large bowl, beat the sour cream and the baking soda. Reserve
- In another large bowl, mix the flour, the cocoa,the baking powder and the salt. Reserve.
- Add the eggs/sugar mix to the chocolate mix. Pour over dry ingredients. Incorporate with a spoon then whisk. The dry ingredients have to be completely blended. Add the sour cream mix and the remaining chopped chocolate (2 ounces).
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Invert onto a rack.
Adapted from Good Housekeeping
- 3 tablespoons strong coffee
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
In medium bowl, mix the coffee, cocoa and corn syrup until blended. Stir in 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Makes about 1 cup.
Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake, allowing it to drip down the sides.