Ok so these might be the best brownies you’ve ever had in your life. In fact, these are the best homemade brownies I tasted so far. Normally I find that homemade brownies aren’t as good as the box ones: mostly too dry. Like most of you I guess, I like my brownies fudgy!
They don’t have an overwhelming taste of malted milk so if you like malted milk a lot, you should add more than indicated. Also, you should totally add some walnuts if you like them in brownies! I didn’t have any but it would have been delicious!
Chocolate Malt Brownies
Recipe adapted from Step by Step Gourmet
3/4 cup butter
6 oz bittersweet chocolate
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup malted milk powder, chocolate
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
3. In a small saucepan, combine butter and chocolate.
4. Melt over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
5. In a large bowl, beat sugars, malted milk powder, and eggs at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy. Gradually add flour and salt to sugar mixture, beating until combined.
6. Add melted butter mixture, beating until combined, being careful not to over beat.
7. Spoon batter into prepared pan, and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies are set in center. Let cool completely.
8. Spread Chocolate Malt Frosting over cooled brownies.
Chocolate Malt Frosting
6 Tbs butter
3 oz semi-sweet chocolate
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup malted milk powder
1/3 cup whole milk
1. In a medium saucepan, combine butter and chocolate.
2. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
3. Remove from heat, and whisk in sugar until combined. Add the malted milk powder.
4. Gradually whisk in milk until frosting is able to be spread.