I hope you’re well! A couple of weeks ago Natrel Milk called me back to make two new recipes for them, breakfast recipes. I was a bit out of my comfort zone because I mostly make desserts, but breakfasts are often sweet, include fruits and, well, have some common ground with desserts. So I was in, and here is the first recipe I made. This is not your usual oat muffin with fruits, it’s stuffed with Nutella! A super yummy surprise that everyone will enjoy! My boyfriend took them to his office and everyone enjoyed them. Oh, and some of his coworkers want to marry me now Unfortunately, it didn’t come from my man yet Just teasing him, we have been together almost 11 years, I think I can wait a couple more years All this to say that I’m pretty sure you’ll have a huge success with these muffins!
How do you put Nutella in the center of the muffins? It’s quite easy actually, you just have to freeze teaspoons of Nutella on a baking sheet and insert them in the uncooked muffins! The Nutella pieces will slowly warm and it will stay in the center of the muffin.
Berry Oat Muffins stuffed with Nutella
Serves: 12 muffins
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
- 12 teaspoons Nutella
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oat
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Natrel fine-filtered milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, cut in cubes
- 12 slices of strawberries for topping (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Drop 12 heaping teaspoons of Nutella on the sheet, making sure they don’t touch. Freeze the Nutella until solid, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Spray a 12 cups muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, oat, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, the milk and the yogurt.
- Pour the eggs mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Incorporate the berries by stirring gently.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tin.
- Insert a frozen Nutella piece in the center of each muffin. Make sure to cover the Nutella piece with batter.
- Garnish the top of each muffin with a strawberry slice (optional).
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack.