I can’t even believe it’s already Wednesday! The time passes so quickly again! It’s great news though because my thesis is progressing, my job too and I had a great offer this week that I was really excited about! For now I can’t spill the beans, but you’ll learn about it around the second week of April
I make the following dessert for my family and friends, those who love cream cheese (mostly everyone but me!). These mousses are fresh, very lemony and taste like summer! It’s also gluten free! You can add all the fruits you want. When I look at my pictures, I think that with the mousse, the strawberries and the blueberries, this dessert is very appropriate for Independence Day
Cream Cheese Fruit Mousse (gluten free)
Translated from à la di Stasio
Can easily make more than 12 shots
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Blueberries, washed and dry
- Strawberries, diced
- In a cold bowl, whip the cream. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft. Add the sour cream, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Whip until the mixture is homogeneous. Fold the whipped cream in the mixture.
- At the base of each shot glass, add about 1/2 tablespoon of strawberries.
- Fill a pastry bag with the cream cheese mousse.
- Pipe a layer of cream cheese mousse.
- Add about 5-6 blueberries (more or less depending on their size).
- Add another layer of 1/2 tablespoon of strawberries.
- Continue layering by repeating the last 3 steps.
- Add some blueberries and a slice of strawberry on top of each shot.
- Refrigerate at least two hours.