Hello dear readers!
How are you? Are you excited about fall? Are you already making stews, soups, recipes with pumpkin and squash? I think fall is the best season to cook and bake. It just feels so comforting to smell these dishes.
I think the next picture speak for itself and shows how donuts + chocolate + caramel + Rolos looks and taste good together. Enjoy!
Rolo® Mini Donut
Yield: 36 mini donuts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Mini Rolos (about 20), coarsely chopped + more for garnish
- 10 caramels, melted (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
For the donuts:
- Grease mini donut pan and preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, espresso powder and baking powder.
- Whisk together the egg, sugar, whole milk, oil and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Gently whisk in the flour mixture making sure to remove all lumps. Add the chopped rolos.
- With a spoon, fill each donut form half full.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer donuts to a cooling rack and let cool.
For the icing:
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add chocolate, milk, golden syrup and cocoa. Stir until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and sift in powdered sugar. Whisk until combined.
- Dip the top of each donut into the icing and transfer back to the wire rack. Drizzled with melted caramel and sprinkle with chopped Rolos.