I hope you’re having a great week so far!
Here the weather has been so beautiful, sunny and hot, pretty much like an early summer! I found that it boosts up my energy and spirit! And I started baking in summer so it brings back memory and an amazing urge to bake! Good for me, and good for you too 😉
I made some donuts, yeah! They are mini, pink and brown so they are pretty cute! No frying involve (you’ll need a donut pan). The dough isn’t very sweet so you can add a very sugary glaze of your choice.
Strawberry and Chocolate Mini Donut (baked)
Donut recipe adapted from Buns in the oven
Yield : 24 mini-donut
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Grease two mini donut pans.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, beat together the vanilla, egg, sour cream, milk, and oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.
- Spoon in each donut form (might be easier if you transfer the dough to a piping bag and pipe into each form). Fill each form half full (else they won’t look much like donuts)
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the tops spring back when you touch them.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan before glazing.
I suggest you use the recipe from Cooking classy. For my glaze I changed the recipe a little, adding some strawberry extract, but the result wasn’t really good.