I have just 2 things to say today :
– I’m finishing my school paper in a couple of hours and then school is over for the Holidays 😀 So you can expect multiple Christmas baking posts for which I am totally late (because of the aforementioned school 😉 )
– This must be the best fudge ever. I didn’t know I liked Turtles that much, but I’m totally hooked!!! They must be even better with homemade caramel, but knowing my skills in this area, I didn’t take the chance!
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 – 16 oz. caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1½ cups pecan pieces
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on both sides. Set aside.
- Place the caramels and water in a microwave safe bowl.
- On a double boiler, melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk; add vanilla.
- When the fudge mixture is about to be ready (chocolate almost melted), place the bowl of caramels in the microwave and heat on high for a total of 3 minutes. Stir after each minute interval. Once melted, stir in pecans. Set aside.
- Pour half of the fudge into prepared pan. Spoon the caramel pecan mixture over the fudge. Spoon remaining fudge over the top (reheat if necessary). Chill in refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours.
- Keep refrigerated and enjoy!