It’s been a long time! Hope you didn’t miss me too much I lived without my computer (but have been wandering from computer to computer) for a whole month. I lost my data from August (my last back up) to Halloween (it broke on my best Holiday huh!). So I lost all my photos from my Halloween Party. It sucks, but I’m happy I didn’t lose too much (with school and all!). On the same week my car got stolen (an old and almost worthless car, but very useful to me!). It wasn’t my week!
On a better note, I can’t wait getting in Christmas mood. But with the end of semester coming, there is just not much time! All the baking I could do if I wasn’t studying! Like we said when we were young “when your hobby get in the way of your school, drop school!”. Yep very mature, and not happening! Sometimes you have to choose between a far off reinforcement or an immediate one. But hey, I’ll graduate in almost 4 years so in the meantime let’s get an immediate reinforcement or I’ll never get there! So I made fudge! I made pistachio fudge just because they were cute and made me think of Christmas Hope you’ll like them!
Oh and before the recipe, I really liked Daring Baker’s November challenge. I was very sorry to miss it because I had a great idea for a Charlotte I wanted to make. I’ll try it another time!
Have a great week dear readers
Chocolate Pistachio Fudge
Adapted from BBC
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (14oz) condensed milk
- 1 oz butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 5¼ oz unsalted pistachios, shells removed
- Place the chopped chocolate, condensed milk, butter and salt into a pan over low heat and stir until melted and well combined.
- Place the nuts into a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin, until broken up into some large and some small pieces.
- Add the nuts to the melted chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a square tray, smoothing the top with a wet palette knife.
- Let the fudge cool, then refrigerate until set.
- Once cut, the fudge can be kept in the freezer – eat straight away.