Hope you had a great weekend and a nice week so far!
We did! If you follow me on facebook you know that my boyfriend and I celebrated 10 years of love!!! Wow! Years go by so fast! Seems like it was 2 years ago that we fell in love! At the same time, when we think of all the things we did together, how much we know about each other, how in one and only look we can understand what the other think, all the great moments and the bad ones too, I guess we can feel the ten years after all! I’ll take more time to talk about that in an upcoming post, with an adequate recipe 😀
We also had our Halloween Party! It was very fun! This too will be discussed in an upcoming post. “So this post is just a teaser?” you’ll think. No! We have these delicious pink lemonade cupcake! Next time I’ll try another cake batter recipe because I would like it to be fluffier. The buttercream is delicious, but extremely sweet, beware!
And in these wrappers they just look very elegant for a great Halloween dessert table (like, let’s say, mine *wink wink*)
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
From Let them eat cake and ice cream
Yield: 24 cupcakes
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
5 egg whites
3/4 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well blended. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, egg whites, pink lemonade concentrate and vanilla until well blended.
- Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture; whisk until blended.
- Add half the buttermilk, whisk until blended.
- Continue alternately adding flour mixture and buttermilk until everything is mixed together. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
Pink Lemonade Buttercream
From Cast Sugar
- 3 cups + 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (I put 1 cup less and it was already very sweet)
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pink lemonade concentrate (You migh need more depending of the consistency you wish to achieve)
- Red food coloring
Add the butter, powdered sugar, salt, pink lemonade concentrate, and a few drops of food coloring to the stand mixer and mix on low using the paddle attachment until combined. Turn the speed to med-high until the buttercream is fluffy and uniformly pink/red. Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes.