Hope you are all having a great time, at work, at school, at home, etc
This mousse was inspired by a delicious dessert we ate at Disney World, the Oreo Bon Bons. Apparently it’s one of their signature desserts and it’s available at The Cape May Cafe only (Beach Club Resort). It was very good and this mousse is too! But I found that it’s better the day after you make them!
Cookie and Cream White Chocolate Mousse
Adapted from Pastry Pal
1/2 cup milk
6 oz white chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon powdered gelatin
2 tablespoons water
3/4 cup heavy cream
9 whole Double Stuff Oreo cookies (you can go with simple, but, you know, it’s not the same
6 Oreo cookies crumbled (without the stuff, 12 cookies in fact)
9 tiny Oreos and about 1/2 cup whipped cream to garnish
1. Prepare the mousse collar. Cut 9 pieces of wax paper of approximately 6.5 inches (16 cm) by 4 inches (10 cm). Place each Oreo Cookie in a pan line with parchment paper. Wrap a waxed paper collar around the base of each Oreo, keeping bottom flush with baking sheet (Example with Neapolitan Mousse). Secure each collar with tape. Try to make them very tight because the mousse will be runny when you pour it.
2. Bloom the gelatin. Sprinkle the gelatin over the cool water and allow to bloom
3. In a saucepan, simmer the milk. Add the gelatin and let it dissolve.
4. Pour the gelatin/milk over the white chocolate. Whisk it up until smooth.
5. Whip the cream to soft peak stage and fold a third of it in the chocolate to lighten. Fold the remaining cream and add the cookie crumbs.
6. Pour over each Oreos using a funnel.
7. Refrigerate until set then garnish with whipped cream and a tiny Oreo.