Marbled Mint Chocolate Fudge

Hi everyone,

Christmas is coming real fast and I am far from ready! School is over though so I will be working on that matter!

I discovered Bloglovin this week and I love it! So far it’s the easiest RSS reader I’ve tried. We can “like” the posts so now I don’t have to add 50 posts a day in my bookmarks; much more easy

;)
You can follow me there too!

I had these fudge in mind for a while. I had tried those in a candy factory and loved them! They had all sorts of flavors so I might be doing some other fudge soon! They are really delicious! I had trouble doing the marbled design on top because the mixtures solidified real fast. You will have to be super quick to achieve a great design!

belleV

Marbled Mint Chocolate Fudge
Adapted from All recipes

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 ounces white chocolate
1 tablespoon peppermint extract

Directions (updated on 2012-11-15)

1. Line a 8 inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on both sides.
  2. (Do this step and the next at the same time) On a double boiler, melt chocolate chips with 1 cup sweetened condensed milk; add vanilla.
  3. In a double boiler, melt white chocolate with remaining sweetened condensed milk. Add peppermint extract and green food coloring.
  4. (For this step, the faster you go the better because the fudge sets real fast and you won’t be able to do the marble pattern otherwise) Reserve about 4 tablespoons of the chocolate chips mixture and spread the rest into the pan. Add the green peppermint fudge on top. Add here and there the reserve chocolate chips mixture and then run a knife at the surface of the fudge to create the marble effect.
  5. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Use the overhang to get the fudge out of the pan. Cut into squares. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator or freeze them

belle3

Related posts:

Comments

1. These look amazing. Lovely color & I bet they have great mint flavor. Yum.

2. These look lovely, can’t wait to make them!! How long do you think they’ll last for in the fridge (so long as no one eats them all first)?

• Thank you! You won’t regret it! They are yummy! For the storage, I’m sure you can keep them at least a week. If you are not sure you can keep them in the freezer, it doesn’t alter their texture. Enjoy!

3. Ohhh these look so delicious. I am off to the supermarket to pick up some peppermint essence… think I might pick up some orange essence too and make a choc orange version.
    Thank you for sharing this recipe.
    love Geo

4. Ca a l’air d’être bien addictif comme confiserie… Ca donne envie =)

5. Hello,

I may be reading this incorrectly but I’m missing a step. After the chocolate portion begins to harden in the pan, what do you do with the melted green chocolate to get the marbled effect?

• Marjorie says:

In fact there is the first step, the chocolate portion. Then you have to prepare the mint portion as well as a little more chocolate portion. Just pour the mint on the chocolate and then add some chocolate here and there and do the pattern, you’ll have to be very quick because it sets very fast!

6. That is the best thing ive seen in my whole life hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

7. This is almost too pretty to eat. Almost. Can’t wait for it to get a little cooler so I can make some. So glad you found me!

8. lorraine smith says:

these look great, what can i use if i dont have a double boiler, does water and a glass bowl over a pan work?

• Thanks! Absolutely, I don’t have a double boiler either, I just use one of my mixing bowl over a pan of simmering water!

9. I don’t understand how it will “swirl” and how do I get the swirl on top of the chocolate? Will it just stick? The instructions aren’t very detailed

• Hi Amanda!
      Thank you so much for your feedback! You are right I didn’t give any info on how to do the marble pattern :S Sorry for that. I think it’s because I didn’t really succeed when I did them. So I updated the directions to explain how I would do them now ;) Hope it’s clear! Don’t hesitate if there is anything else you need to know!
      Have a good day!
      Tell me how they turn out! :D

10. This fudge tastes so good! My family love this. I am also going to make this to give as presents this year. i have tried to make the top layer with red food colouring and its lovely

Emma

11. How many pieces does this make?

12. OK. I made two batches. I discovered you can melt the semisweet mixture in the microwave (30 seconds at a time at 50% power), BUT when I tried to do that with the white chocolate it didn’t work so well. The consistency was clumpy, coarse, yucky. Then, I made a batch where I put the white chocolate mixture in the top of a double boiler instead of the microwave. This time I added red food coloring and almond extract…AMARETTO SWIRL FUDGE! The white chocolate melted much better in the double boiler. I discovered if you heat it past that ugly stage it gets nice and smooth. Probably I could have achieved that in the microwave if I’d kept going. It was easy to do the semisweet in the microwave and the white on the double boiler, all at once. Happy fudge making everyone! It’s just chocolate and sweetened condensed milk (the nectar of the gods). Who knew? Not me.

• Hi Jamila! Thanks for your comment! You made me smile :D I don’t melt chocolate in microwave anymore because of too many disaters! I feel safer with a doulbe boiler! Amaretto swirl fudge : YUM!!!

13. I’m very confused, I did this but the “minty part did not sit on top like the picture shows so the whole thing is just kind of marbled, oh well. It’s chillin now ,hope it turns out ok but the fudge did not “set up fast” like you said it was still pretty much soup when I put it in the fridge :/

• Hum this is odd, because it sets really fast normally (you barely have the time to spread it evenly). Did you use the same ingredients as the recipe? Tell me how it turns out after the fridge!

14. Just Made this.. hope it sets up well !

15. Jonathan says:

Hey! I haven’t made fudge before and was wondering about steps 2 and 3. I’ve looked up other recipes and they always say to stir the condensed milk when boiling for like 10-15 mins… Now I understand that with a double boiler you don’t need to worry about the stirring but how long should I be cooking the condensed milk for ? Or as soon as the chocolate melts that’s enough ?

• Marjorie says:

Hi Jonathan! You just need to cook it until the chocolate melts. Have fun!

• Jonathan says:

Thanks ! Made them today.. Just waiting for them to set !
        But it came out like someone before.. When I poured the initial layer it didn’t set as quickly as I thought and so when I put the mint part in it kind of mixed together… =/
        Still looks awesome but hoping it sets right !

• Marjorie says:

Hope they turned out well anyway!

• Jonathan says:

They turned out okay but melted fairly quickly in your fingers… I realised I use compound chocolate – do you think this would’ve had an effect on the setting process as opposed to if I used normal chocolate?
            Btw I made them for Mother’s Day and my mum loved them ! =)

• Marjorie says:

Hey Jonathan! Really glad you liked them anyway. I really don’t know if compound chocolate could melt faster than normal one. I don’t see anything about that on the web. But when you do cake pops it’s true that it doesn’t melt super fast.

16. Bethany says:

Hi Marjorie,

I am in Australia and came across your delicious-looking recipe. I am wondering what “semi-sweet chocolate” is? It is dark chocolate, opposed to milk chocolate?

• Marjorie says:

Hi Bethany! So sorry for the delay. Semisweet chocolate is a dark chocolate with half as much sugar as cocoa.

Have a great day!